Would you like to conquer the Everest of the swimming world?
Want to swim from England to France and proudly say “I am a Channel Swimmer?”
This swim is seen as the Mt Everest of all swims because more people have climbed Mt Everest than have swum the English Channel.
Sign up here
SwimTayka provides this unique opportunity to raise money for a swimming non-profit organisation and follow your passion for swimming at the same time.
Swim to France and know that you are helping some of the poorest children around the world learn to swim and receive education about looking after the open water where they live.
We are delighted to help bring swimming enthusiasts closer to their swimming dreams and help you conquer this world-renowned challenging swim as part of a six-person relay swim.
This event is for 2021, places get booked up quickly so, sign up now.
Teams of six people swim one hour each, with swims taking anywhere from 12 to 18 hours depending on the weather and the conditions on the day. Each swimmer may get up to three sessions in the water.
We have slots available for August 2021. Don’t worry if you cannot make these dates, as we also have a number of other dates through the year, providing plenty of other opportunities for you to take part.
- Attend our Assessment Day, to be confirmed, at which we select our swimmers, ensuring that everyone has a real chance of success. See below.
- Attend our four team training days.
- Complete the necessary CS&PF registration forms and obtain a medical from your GP by the required deadlines.
- Commit fully to training throughout the winter and lead-up to the swim.
- Be available to swim with your team when conditions are right. Although we will know the earliest you might swim, after that date you need to be free until the conditions become right.
- Pledge to raise a minimum amount, ideally exceeding the initial target. Every £1 raised helps SwimTayka to support the teaching of drowning prevention, swimming and environmental water stewardship.
- You will be responsible for gaining a signed medical certificate to prove you are fit enough for the swim.
At the assessment day, which will be held in October, being held in Wiltshire and Kent, you will receive :
- All the information and tools you need to help you swim faster, more efficiently, and with less effort.
- The assessment includes around 3-3.5 hours of water time.
- We conduct an interview with you to find out how you will raise enough money and what fundraising ideas you have.
More details to follow if you register you’re interested below.
Even if you do not qualify for the team you will enjoy the assessment session.
We take care of all the necessary administration, book and organise CS&PF boats, arrange teams and provide you with training days and online support throughout the year. We can also offer support from some of the best open water swim coaches in the country and help from a team of ultramarathon swimmers.
Once you are selected for the team, you are required to commit to the programme which includes:
- 4 swimming sessions with a Professional Swim coach – two of these sessions will be pool based and two open water. From these sessions, you will be guided and coached with other channel swimmers who have vast knowledge and experience.
- Other sessions will be available if required at a small additional cost.
- Access to swimming holidays where the waters will be below 16c for the perfect training, enabling you to obtain the two-hour qualifier. (additional cost)
Applications must be received by 30th September 2020